- Contact Us
- Quick Links
- Lunch Form
- School Uniform
Parent Teacher Conferences
|Citywide Parent Teacher Conferences are held twice a year (Fall and Spring) and provide a great opportunity for you to talk with your child's teacher about what your child is learning at school and how you can support this learning at home.|
Spring 2014 Parent Teacher Conference
Thursday, March 27, 2014 – 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Friday, March 28, 2014 – 12:00 pm – 2:15 pm
Please note Friday, March 28 will be a half day of school.
All students will be dismissed at 11:00 am.
Questions to Consider Asking Your Child's Teachers
- What is my child expected to learn, know and do at this grade level? How will it be assessed?
- What are the big projects my child will be doing in your class this year?
- Throughout the year, how will I know if my child is meeting grade level expectations?
- What does my child do well and what does he or she struggle with? Can you give me examples?
- If my child needs extra support or wants to learn more about a subject, are there resources to help his or her learning outside the classroom? Can you give me examples?
- How will you be introducing the Common Core standards to students this year?
- Does my child turn in homework on time?
- Is my child happy at school? How does my child get along with classmates and adults?
- Does my child participate in class discussions and activities? What would make my child more effective in doing his/her work?
- What can I do at home to reinforce what my child is learning at school?
- Are there ways that I can help you in the classroom or the school?
You are strongly urged to take advantage of this opportunity to find out how your child is succeeding in school. We encourage you to bring your child to the conferences.