- Contact Us
- Quick Links
- Lunch Form
Partners for Success
Partners for Success is an East-West initiative to support our struggling middle school students. It was produced and launched in January 2012 by a team of assistant principals, guidance counselors, and community assistants.
The purpose of Partners for Success is to help our middle school students who have been struggling academically to become more successful in school and to develop their social skills. It will focus on providing academic guidance as well as the improved development of social skills.
BENEFITS FOR HIGH SCHOOL MENTORS
- Gaining leadership skills
- Contributing to their community
- Reflecting on their own development from middle schooler to young men
- Modeling appropriate behavior which will bring out the best in themselves and their mentees
- Developing stronger academic skills and strengthening their own problem solving skills
- Gaining a sense of accomplishment as they see their mentees succeeding
- Building their resumes
WHY AN ALL BOYS CLUB?
Bloomberg's Young Men's Initiative
- Developing literacy programs for youth
- Creating mentoring programs as a strategy to promote education success
- Focusing on achievement levels by black and Latino males from elementary school to high school
WHO ARE THE GUIDANCE COUNSELORS SUPPORTING THIS PROGRAM?
Ms. Park, and Mr. Diaz
HOW WAS YOUR CHILD SELECTED?
- Report Card Grades
- Student interest surveys
- Student interview
- Leadership skills
- Parent interest
WHAT ACTIVITIES ARE PLANNED FOR MY CHILD?
- Team building
- Stress management
- Test prep
- Role playing
- College and career readiness
- Book study
- Sporting activity
- College trip
- Museum trip
WILL MY CHILD RECEIVE ONGOING SUPPORT?