- Contact Us
- Quick Links
- Summer 2016
We would like emphasize these important policies at East-West. For a complete list of school policies, please refer to the parent handbook.
BE READY TO LEARN: Guidelines for School
Breakfast is available in the Cafeteria at 7:30am.
- Auditorium doors open at 7:40am Monday through Thursday and 7:50am on Friday
- ALL STUDENTS ARE TO REPORT TO & BE SEATED IN THE AUDITORIUM BY THE START OF THE DAY
- STUDENTS ARRIVING AFTER the above indicated times WILL BE MARKED LATE and will receive one hour of detention on Friday of that week.
- Students are to arrive at EWSIS dressed in FULL UNIFORM -- no hats or jeans or non-EWSIS uniform shirts allowed.
- Report to your proper seat, no loitering in the aisles.
- Homework is to be completed at home -- not in the auditorium during Muster.
CELL PHONE & ELECTRONICS REMINDERS
- Parents: please do not call your child on their cell phone - DOING SO WILL GET YOUR CHILD IN TROUBLE, EVEN IF IT IS AN EMERGENCY. Instead, please contact the Main Office at 718-353-0009 and your child will be located immediately.
- Students are not allowed to use cell phones anywhere on school property before, during or after school. According to Department of Education Regulations, cell phones are not permitted in the school building.
- Any and all electronic items (cell phones, iPods/MP3 players, gameboys, pagers, etc.) will be taken away if they are seen or heard for any reason.
END OF SCHOOL DAY
- All students are dismissed from our school exit on Geranium Avenue.
- Students must remain in full uniform -- no changing out of uniform anywhere on school property.
- Students are not to use the park across from EWSIS immediately after school. Students must go home first to change out of their uniform before using the park.
Following the above guidelines will mean a safe, fun and productive school year! Thank you for your cooperation!